Thursday, December 10, 2009

Diet

In my copious readings, I've come across the idea that your diet is 80% of the battle for fat loss/body composition, and I couldn't agree more. You might have trouble getting a workout in your day, but you're going to have to eat, so why not eat healthy? I can vouch that since drastically changing my own diet, I have not had a single day of illness. No colds, no allergies, no swine flu, nothin'. My immunities are rock solid.

So here's what I, after doing some research, have put together for a typical day's diet; provided I can afford it.

Breakfast: 3 Eggs, omelette style, with red bell peppers and spinach when I've got it.
4-5 oz. glass of Grapefruit juice.
OR a bowl of Steel Cut Oats with unsweetened apple sauce

Snack: Broccoli, Carrots with Hummus; Whole Wheat Pita

Lunch: Spinach salad with a tin of tuna or chicken breast

Pre-Workout: 1 Scoop Whey Protein, Whole Wheat Pita

Post-Workout: 2 Scoop Whey Protein, 1 Medium to Small banana

Snack: More Spinach with broccoli

Dinner: Chicken breast with steamed vegetables

Bedtime Snack: 1 Scoop Whey Protein or low-fat cottage cheese


This is ideal, and when I was in OKC this summer (and getting paid regularly), this was a very effective diet. It's important to eat green and often, as this will stimulate your metabolism.

If you're like me, you might be able to see that bowl of ice cream you had last night ON your body the very next day. You're just going to have to suck it up and stick with a program. If you don't have any food handy but find yourself starving, drink some water. It will instantly curb your hunger.

Personally, I plan on adding more beans to my diet. They're packed with protein and supply you with tons of micronutrients, not to mention incredibly easy to prepare and add to your salad or meat.

Look at what you eat tomorrow, see if there's not a way to throw some fruits or vegetables into it. Ask yourself if the happiness that that delicious sundae are worth the bloat you'll feel afterwards. After a week or two of significant change, you'll notice those 10 Piece Chicken McNugget Meals aren't quite as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment