Sunday, March 7, 2010

Going Paleo

Hey there, fellow readers.

I know its been a long time (over a month) since I've written, but I thought it would be important to catch everyone up on a few things.

March 1st came and went, and I wasn't quite to my goal of 8% body fat. It became too challenging to watch my diet during the later stages of my run in THE MIKADO, and I sort of stopped keeping up with everything.

My pursuit of fitness never wavered, though. After reading THE PALEO DIET and going through Mark's Daily Apple, I've decided to switch over to a paleolithic diet. This consists of all the lean protein, vegetables, fruits and healthy fats I care to eat throughout the day, and cutting out grains and dairy. The key here is that I can eat ALL THE FRUIT I WANT. (I developed a passion for oranges and berries over the last few weeks.)

More posts to come. And I'll try to keep it from being the "Today I had a pear and lifted 50 lbs." variety.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever get a pair of the Vibram FiveFingers? I currently own two pair...and kinda want another...

    I'm looking forward to seeing how the Paleo diet works for you, I've read some about it and am intrigued.

    I just read Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall, it's a good read in general, and talks a lot about running "naturally."

    ReplyDelete